GAIA HOTEL in BASEL
A very warm welcome! Since 1929, we have been operating the ****GAIA Hotel – located just by Basel's main train station – with the motto “Come as a guest, leave as a friend!”. Friendship begins here as soon as you arrive at reception, where we welcome you and adopt you as a friend of our establishment.
Your hotel by Basel's SBB train station
Located right by the SBB train station in Basel, we have 86 rooms with all mod cons: free WiFi, HD-TV, personal safe, minibar with free organic drinks, extensive organic breakfast buffet, business corner, and the BaselCard for local museums and public transport.
Advantages of booking directly
- our best price guarantee*
- free entry to the spa
- rapid, straightforward processing of your specific needs and requests, and an offer customised for you – thanks to our individual customer support
GAIA: Basel’s organic hotel
Your wellbeing as our guest is important to us – and equally, so is the future of the next generations and our lovely planet. So in your minibar, for example, at the breakfast buffet, and even in the spa, you will find exclusively organic products: sustainably produced and bursting with flavour and nutrients.
GAIA: Basel's zero-waste hotel
Sustainability in every area is fundamental for us. By 2020, the GAIA hotel will be a zero-waste hotel. We are working towards this with numerous initiatives:
- Our used coffee grounds go to the Urban Agriculture Basel association, where they are used to cultivate quality mushrooms.
- Our stale bread goes to the elephants at the Basel Zoo – they love it!
- Our used guest soaps are recycled by the Sapocycle foundation and redistributed in vulnerable areas.
- Our organic waste is composted in a Wormup composter and turned into humus
- To clean your rooms we use exclusively environmentally-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products from Steinfels-Swiss.
We are delighted to be able to welcome you with us in Basel!
Your hosts, the Geyer family